Home
    The Columbia County Restoration Committee and Board of Commissioners selected Cardwell Architects to restore the 1887 Columbia County Courthouse. The courthouse, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is the oldest existing courthouse in the state of Washington. The project involved full restoration and renovation of the building, whose exterior features had been removed in the 1940s, and included redesign and reconstruction of the ornate plaster detail and rebuilding of the original 22-foot high cupola, which is centered on the courthouse roof.  



















  Exterior View Historic View Exterior Detail Roof Detail Court Room